Born: March 2, 1965
Place: Judenburg, Austria
Wolfgang Muthspiel is a jazz guitarist and composer. The Austrian guitarist is also the brother of the piano and trombone player Christian Muthspiel.
Muthspiel first started playing the violin at the age of six. In his teenage, he started studying jazz and classical guitar and did his graduation in Berklee College of Music and New England Conservatory after which he joined the Gary Burton’s band replacing Pat Metheny.
Wolfgang Muthspeil has also played with several famous jazz musicians like Bob Berg, Gary Peacock, John Patitucci, Paul Motian, Don Alias, Maria Joao, Dave Liebman, Larry Grenadier and Peter Erskine. He is also noted for winning the much acclaimed Eurpoean Jazz Prize.
After his influential carrier as a jazz and classical guitarist Muthspiel returned to Vienna and started his own recording company calld Material Records.
- 1987 - Duo Due Focus It (with Christian Muthspiel)
- 1989 - Timezones
- 1989 - Duo Due Tre
- 1990 - The Promise
- 1993 - Muthspiel-Peacock-Muthspiel-Motian (with Christian Muthspiel)
- 1993 - Black And Blue
- 1993 - In And Out
- 1995 - Loaded, Like New
- 1996 - Perspective
- 1998 - CY (with Christian Muthspiel)
- 1999 - Work In Progress
- 2000 - Daily Mirror (with Rebekka Bakken)
- 2001 - Real Book Stories
- 2001 - Echoes Of Techno (with Christian Muthspiel)
- 2002 - Continental Call
- 2002 - Beloved (with Rebekka Bakken)
- 2003 - That's All Daisy Needs
- 2003 - EARly MUSIC (with Christian Muthspiel)
- 2004 - Air, Love & Vitamins
- 2004 - Solo
- 2005 - Bright Side
- 2007 - Friendly Travelers (with Brian Blade)